How to apply for a Visa for Germany
Staff members at the language academy Alpha Aktiv are happy to help and support you through the student visa application process. To obtain a German visa, students are usually required to complete a visa enrollment confirmation and provide an invitation letter and other documents. We are happy to provide these documents and any other that may be necessary. In this case the registration process needs to be completed and the course and accommodation fees need to be paid in advance.
In addition to the enrollment confirmation, the German embassy or consulate usually requires proof of valid health insurance and also proof of accommodation.
This, however, depends on the individual student's national visa regulations.
We suggest students inform themselves well in advance about the visa regulations in their home-country. The visa application procedure usually takes between 6 to 8 weeks.
In general, there are two different types of visa for our students.
When deciding to sign up for a German course of 12 weeks or less, you will most likely get a Tourist visa. This type of visa can't be prolonged here in Germany after those mentioned 12 weeks, meaning that you definitely have to travel back to your home Country to apply for a new visa with the German Embassy or the Consulate there.
Language visa / Student visa
When deciding to sign up for a German Course of more than 13 weeks, you will probably get a language visa. This type of visa can easily be turned into a residence permit here in Germany. This allows you to prolong your stay in Germany plenty times without needing to travel back to your home country. Important: The Embassy / the Consulate will definitely check all applications for plausibility. This means that you should definitely sign up for a realistic amount of weeks for your German course.
If you need to apply for a Language visa or a Student visa, you need to fulfill certain requirements. Those can differ according to your home country. Thus, please double check the specifications with your local German Embassy or Consulate.
Based on our experience, you will need:
- university entrance qualification, allowing you to take up studies in Germany. You can confirm this here
- blocked account, showing that you are able to fund your stay in Germany. Usually, you need to have 853€ per month. Alternatively: declaration of commitment
- proof of health insurance
- two passport photos + two correctly completed request forms
- confirmation of a language school, showing that you have registered for a language course with at least 20 lessons per week (invitation letter of Alpha Aktiv)
- accommodation confirmation. You are welcome to book your accommodation with Alpha Aktiv!
To issue your invitation letter, the following steps are required:
- you register to our language course, using our registration form
- you transfer the fees mentioned on the invoice we will send you onto our bank account
- you send us a copy of your passport as well as a copy of the transfer sheet / payment receipt via E-Mail. Plus you inform us at which German Embassy you'll apply for your Visa
Once these steps are completed, we are happy to issue your invitation letter within one working day. We will send it to via E-Mail in colour and with official stamp.